The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood (ACCH) presents innovative, unique visual and performing arts programs. Its exhibitions, programs and performances introduce fresh perspectives to the arts. Education programs for children and adults celebrate creativity and excellence. ACCH, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is one of only nine major cultural institutions in Broward County.
Title: Administrative and Development Coordinator
Type: Full-time, salaried. 40 hours a week. Some flexible scheduling with evening and weekend hours necessary. Health and paid time off benefits available for this position.
Responsible For: Office management, administrative and development functions
Liaison With: ACCH staff and management, general public, Board of Trustees volunteers, vendors
Reports to: Executive Director
- Assistant to Executive Director
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Executive Director and, at times, Development Director. Includes maintaining and improving inter-office systems.
- Administration relating to Board of Trustees activities. This includes attending each Board meeting and taking minutes.
- Assist in planning, production and implementation of special events including exhibition openings, exhibition events, and any other Center special event.
- Assist in planning, production and implementation of all of the Center’s fundraising events. Includes being the lead on auction(s), working with volunteer event committee, event chairs, and creating online and live silent auctions.
- Oversees Visitor Services Coordinator.
- Oversees Center’s volunteer program
- Serves as Office Manager
- Create monthly reports such as attendance as well as other reports as needed
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual who fulfills this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Candidate must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in communications, business administration or other related field, and a minimum of three years experience in office administration. The candidate should possess proficiencies in word processing, efficient filing systems, Microsoft Office, including Excel. As the candidate will work directly with Executive staff, Board, and the public, a strong sense of business decorum and excellent professional communication skills (written and oral) are required. The candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends for events/activities that relate to their area of responsibility. Also, the person must work well as part of an overall team and also be self-directed. The candidate must have excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as take initiative and possess the ability to work well under deadlines.
Salary and Benefits:
Full-time with benefits; Occasional evening/weekend hours for events and/or meetings. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed. Range $30,000 to $40,000
Send in confidence via, email or fax your resume and brief cover letter explaining your relevant experience by Monday, November 23, 2020. No phone calls, please.