Artis–Naples, The Baker Museum seeks a part-time, temporary art handler to assist with installation activities from March 23rd through the end of April of 2020. Starting and ending dates are flexible within this timeframe. If the art handler fits well with the team, there may be an on-call opportunity available for future installations. Accommodations will be provided to those who live outside of the Naples/Fort Myers area. The pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting museum staff with packing, handling and installation of various works of art in preparation for exhibitions and/or proper storage.
- Packing/unpacking, handling and hanging or installing artwork either owned or borrowed by The Baker Museum.
- Safe movement and handling of all collection objects and exhibition furniture keeping with best practices/ industry standard.
- Assists with organization of storage locations; Preparation of housing for collections objects in storage and for transportation purposes to and from the museum and between offsite locations in conjunction with the registrars.
- Loading and unloading art trucks efficiently ensuring safe movement of all artwork, crates and exhibition furniture.
- Gallery maintenance and installation of labels, text panels and various exhibition signage.
- Fabricates exhibition furniture: pedestals, plinths, temporary walls, mounts, crates, etc. as required in keeping with museum standard best practices/contractual requirements.
- Movement, care and placement of pedestals and plexiglass vitrines used in installations.
- Observes and reports when necessary on the condition of elements within the Museum and storage facilities including temperature, humidity and the security of the works of art at all times.
To apply: https://artisnaples.agilehr.com/careers/
Artis–Naples, The Baker Museum
Artis—Naples is the premier destination for the visual and performing arts in Southwest Florida. We are driven to inspire, educate and entertain by presenting world-class events that enrich our community. With the generous support of our patrons, we offer a unique range of programs — including music, film, dance, comedy, lectures and exhibitions featuring internationally acclaimed artists. Our interdisciplinary approach cultivates a broader appreciation for art in its many forms.
The Kimberly K. Querrey and Louis A. Simpson Cultural Campus includes two performance halls, Frances Pew Hayes Hall and Myra J. Daniels Pavilion, The Baker Museum, and the Stabile Education building.
The Baker Museum is one of the foremost fine art museums in Southwest Florida. Emphasizing modern and contemporary art, the museum hosts several traveling exhibitions annually to complement installations of works from its permanent collections. Dedicated to stewardship and scholarship, The Baker Museum provides world-class exhibitions and educational opportunities for Southwest Florida’s diverse community.