Job Title: Assistant Director, Budget & Financial Services
Job ID: 41301
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida-which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens-is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
- This position serves as the Assistant Director responsible for budgeting & oversees the Accounting Department.
- Manages the Ringling Museum of Art budgeting functions. Recommends policies and procedures to effectively administer the budget process. Projects proposed budget needs and revenue based on analysis. Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in the assigned area of budgeting and cost studies.
- Tracks museum statistical indicators and performs analysis. Reviews museum financial reports and financial information for appropriateness and completeness to assist in guiding museum management.
- Assists in grant administration budget monitoring, expense and financial reporting.
- Oversees the Accounting Department. Hires, trains, and evaluates Accounting Supervisor. Provides guidance as needed for accounting function and activities. Supervises OPS cashiers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 4 years' experience.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of the concept, principles and practices of management.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and preparation of financial reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$70,000 to $75,000 annually.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf