The Norton Museum of Art is seeking anAssociate Curator of Education for School and Teacher Programs
This full time, exempt position reports to the William Randolph Hearst Curator of Education
The Associate Curator of Education assists the Curator of Education to develop, coordinate and execute school and teacher programs.
POSITION SPECI FICATIONS
- Serves as liaison with the K-12 public, private, parochial school community
• Maintains tours, designs new arts-integrated education programs
• Manages one staff member whose responsibilities relate to school programs
• Oversees promotion, scheduling of school tours
• Manages the Norton School Partnership program
- Trains docents and interns to work with school-age audiences in the galleries
• Evaluates programs for efficacy and community impact
• Leads school tours; models effective gallery teaching techniques
• Manages all aspects of Marden Community Gallery student exhibitions
• Oversees/researches, writes, prepares, and distributes teacher resources
• Plans and coordinates teacher professional development programs
• Plans and executes new initiatives, including Summer Teachers' Institute
- Contributes to the work of the Museum's Education Committee
- Together with Curator of Education, determines annual operating budget for school and teacher programs and manages budget expenditures
- Assist with Family and Public programs as needed POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: MA in Art, Art History, Education, Museum Studies or related field preferred.
Training and Experience: Professional museum experience with children and/or experience teaching in a classroom preferred. Computer literate on MS Office.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate the Museum's vision; strong writing skills; high standards for efficiency, quality, and accuracy. Skill in leading, managing, supervising,and building cohesive teams. Ability to work with varied constituencies and partners. Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to deliver on-time and on-budget, and to organize time efficiently.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Norton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.