Job ID 48602
Apply on or before 4/16/2021 at: http://bit.ly/AsscRegistrarTMS
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
- Website: https://www.ringling.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRingling
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theringling/
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theringling
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ringlingmuseum/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI2uPmy9NN2yMit1EFOuAQ
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=diversity/diversity_about_us
- FSU Strategic Plan: https://strategicplan.fsu.edu/diversity-inclusion/
- Ringling Strategic Plan: https://www.ringling.org/strategic-plan
The Associate Registrar (TMS) will be responsible for the administration of The Museum System (TMS, Gallery Systems) collection management software database.
Daily tasks would include:
- Performs as TMS system administrator and establishes data standards and procedures in accordance with best practices in collections management related to acquisitions, loans, exhibitions and media.
- Creates and maintains Crystal Reports files, using SQL, for all TMS modules. Helps to manage other related digital documents (e.g. collection agreements and forms). Produces TMS reports on collections statistics. To ensure consistency in TMS records, reviews usage of controlled vocabularies, monitors data entry and digitization of images and database configurations.
- Oversees the eMuseum Digital Publishing Software. Remains current of new trends and developments in collection database software. Collaborates with staff (e.g. Curatorial, Archives, Conservation and Education) on projects requiring electronic access to collection information and supervises database projects.
- Trains staff and volunteers in TMS, including conducting in-person sessions, creating tutorial documents, and troubleshooting database issues. Maintains/updates TMS manuals. Lead quarterly TMS user meetings with representative staff from Archives, Registration and ITS to review guideline updates in metadata standards.
- Works with ITS Department on planning for long-term storage, organization and preservation of digital assets. Participates cross-departmentally in the research, development, and future implementation of a Digital Asset Management System for the organization. Ensures effective interface with databases to make collections information available to external audiences across various platforms. Plans and implements online access to the collections records. Oversees database upgrades, schedules system testing and preforms database cleanup. Serves as primary contact for TMS vendors. Assists with the development of budgets for system contracts, upgrades, and database projects.
- Leads annual collections inventory and responds to collections inquiries. Assists with rehousing and re-shelving of objects, as well as photographing and numbering objects. Develops registrar files and assists with exhibition installation/de-installation. Assists with shipping or receiving objects. Participates as a member of the Collections Emergency Preparedness Team.
- May be required to travel (nationally or internationally) to serve as a Museum courier. Assignments are based on the needs of the Museum. Courier training is required prior to the incumbent serving in this capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, Information Science, Art History, Administration, Museum Studies, or a related field and 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications related to collections management database software, specifically TMS (The Museum System).
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of collections management.
- Valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
Please note while these skills are helpful, they are not required for consideration:
- Master's degree in an appropriate field.
- Knowledge or experience of Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge or experience in proper handling objects, inventory, acquisition, and cataloging.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of computer system terminology.
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and experience with project management skills, including multi-tasking.
- Ability to work successfully interdepartmentally, provide customer service, and vendor relations.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated salary range will be high 30’s to low 40’s based on education, skills, and experience.
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs:
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks:
The primary working hours for this position are Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with a one hour meal period. The incumbent may be required to work evenings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of the Ringling.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Soft Money Funded
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.