SUPERVISED BY: Director of Marketing and Visitor Engagement
The Boca Raton Museum of Art presents internationally recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities. The Box Office Associate ensures that members and visitors enjoy exemplary customer service and that their BRMA experience is rewarding. The Box Office Associate oversees the overall day to day operations of the ticketing department from the daily sales to scheduling staff for daytime and evening operations. The Box Office Associate ensures a hospitable, smooth and efficient operation of all ticket sales and reservations. This position is responsible for programming and monitoring the ticketure ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and fulfillment, supervise and direct reservations, cashiers and volunteers. This position is highly visible, and interacts with all departments, sponsors, vendors, clients, and Museum members. The Box Office Associate always leads by example at all times and provides the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors and clients.
- Manages all box office duties: assisting members and customers with reservations, managing ticket availability for events, special exhibitions, and general admission, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Sets up event sessions, and ticket availability for events, special exhibitions, and general admission.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the ticketure ticketing system.
- Prepare everyday attendance records and maintain sales reports for all receipts and cash deposits for box office, oversee efficient retail functioning of box office.
- Supervise implementation of all ticket office policies and procedures as per customer requirement and member benefits, and prepare efficient box office strategies to handle ticket sales efficiently and accurately.
- Collects payments from the patrons while ensuring the delivery of tickets.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the ticketure system and prepare ticket reports and coordinate with other departments to manage all marketing and accounting procedures.
- Monitor all member and customer requests and concerns and train all box office personnel, and volunteers to ensure optimal level of customer service to provide resolution and process all orders.
- Collaborate with other departments for all discount codes, event ticket rules, and ticket offers.
- Assist various departments in managing memberships and accurate guest lists for all ticketed events.
- Develop and process all box office tickets for efficient delivery.
- The Box Office Associate is involved in business development activities by calling and e-mailing patrons to inform about the upcoming exhibitions/events at the Museum and also about offers on advance bookings, and member benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field preferred
- Previous box office management experience
- 3+ years professional box office, ticketing experience
- Excellent computer skills, including ticketing systems (ticketure experience preferred), MS Office products
- Customer service oriented and possesses a friendly, helpful attitude
- Clear, effective communicator
- Able to cope up with the stress that may arise due to rush of patrons at the venue
- Goal oriented, rational thinker, and a problem solver
- Skilled in multitasking and organizing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Stands and walks intermittently throughout the work day, including sitting and bending; reaches, lifts, carries, and manipulates inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long intervals.
- Must be able to function independently.
- Must be in good general health.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to twenty pounds is necessary.
HOURS OF POSITION:
40 hours per week- (Non-Exempt/hourly) May be required to work weekends and some evenings
The Boca Raton Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, visit our website at http://bocamuseum.org.