Job Title: Box Office Manager
Job ID: 41300
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
- Manage Historic Asolo Theater box office policies, procedures and staffing for single ticket sales, group sales, and series/subscription sales and renewals. Responsible for box office receipts and daily reconciliation.
- Assists Curator of Theater Programming with development and distribution of marketing and communication tools.
- Assists with audience and Guest Artist relations.
- Supervises box office and house management staff to include hiring, training, performance evaluation, and daily guidance as needed.
- Establishes, enforces, and oversees on-the-spot interpretation of policies concerning patron needs, resolution of ticketing and seating issues, ADA-related concerns, as well as ticket sales and customer services.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 years' experience.
Ability to learn ticketing management software, conversant in a wide variety of performing arts genres, knowledge of cash handling and accounting.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to maintain and improve personal and team effectiveness, and foster change and creativity.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
Upper $30's to lower $40,000 range.
Primary working hours will be Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM with one half hour meal period. Incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends based on the needs of the Historic Asolo Theater and The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preferencehttp://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.