CEO – Chief Executive Officer
Thomas Edison & Henry Ford Winter Estates is currently seeking an experienced President & CEO to join their team of professionals in Fort Myers, FL.
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers boasts 20 acres of historical buildings, historic gardens, the Edison Botanic Research Lab and the Edison Ford Museum. The newly restored buildings include the Edison Main House, Guest House, and Caretaker’s House and the Ford House. The 1929 historic landscape is throughout the property including the award winning Moonlight Garden. The Edison Ford Museum has hundreds of inventions, artifacts and special exhibits.
The President & CEO position is a multi-faceted leadership role that oversees every aspect of the Edison & Ford Winter Estates, in executing its mission to protect, preserve and interpret the site for the community and visitors. The position is an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees and reports to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees. The span of management scope includes approximately 80 employees and over 250 volunteers. Additionally, this role serves as the chief spokesperson for the Estates. The President & CEO is responsible for the professional management of the Estates and its administration in accordance with policies, mission and requirements of the Board and shares responsibility with the Board for its development, preservation, interpretation and presentation of the historic and non-historic structures, gardens, collections, fiscal health, educational forums and cultural experience.
- Promote the mission, philosophy and objectives of the Edison & Ford Winter Estates.
- Manage all aspects of organizational staffing and structure. Recruit, hire, develop and retain key staff to effectively meet financial and operational objectives.
- Establish and administer organizational and departmental policies, procedures and practices to assure effective record-keeping, financial controls, curatorial oversight and overall site management.
- Actively lead the efforts to develop, lobby for and secure private contributions, private and governmental grants.
- Serve as a liaison and continue to cultivate relationships between the Edison & Ford Winter Estates and the Charles Edison Foundation, the Edison Innovation Foundation, the Ford Foundation, other related organizations.
- Provide leadership working with the Strategic and Long Range Planning Committee to develop and execute appropriate strategic plans.
- Ensure the integrity and continued historical authenticity of the Edison & Ford legacies with effective museum collections management and site preservation.
- Offer direction, leadership and support all key aspects of Estates architectural, horticultural, curatorial, educational, retail, public relations, financial and special events.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in relevant field history, sciences, architecture, museum studies, tourism, or related area; Master’s / Advanced Degree in a discipline related to the Estates’ mission is preferred.
- Management and compliance experience with a non-profit organization.
- 5+ years of senior experience leading and managing an organization.
- 5+ years of related experience in museum collections management is preferred; financial & accounting aptitude (budgeting, financial controls, financial statement understanding).
- Horticultural, architectural, historical experience and certifications is desired.
- Proven multi-function leadership experience.
- Proven success with public relations, marketing, social media and event coordination.
- Relationship experience with city, municipal or county governmental organizations.
Abilities and Skills:
- Communication skills oral and written; excellent public speaker.
- Meet physical demand requirements walking, standing, uneven surfaces, outdoors; exposure to adverse weather conditions heat/humidity/rain.
- Proven ability to work with city, county and state governments and elected official.
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience and education.
- Excellent benefits package available
Apply via https://gethired.com/a/5bcc3e71-641f-4065-b0d9-89cbc2109b7e
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, a current resume and five references.
No applications or phone calls will be accepted at the principal place of business.
Thomas Edison & Henry Ford Winter Estates is an equal opportunity employer