Job Title: Communications & Marketing Dir
Job ID: 41255
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida (which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
- Manages, oversees and develops strategic marketing plans and processes that identify and address the needs of the Museum's exhibitions, programming, & event activities and enhances The Ringling's public image.
- Serves as member of the Museum's Senior Management Team. Participates in the formulation of strategic marketing policies, long-term programs. Works collaboratively with other Ringling Senior Staff members to ensure effective attainment of strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages the Communications department's daily operations. Supervises and provides direction for full-time staff members to include hiring, training and performance evaluation.
- Develops and oversees the museum's marketing budget. Monitors allocation of funds to projects such as exhibitions, and programming.
- Writes, and edits copy for collateral and Communications publications. Reviews/proofs copy submitted by Ringling Departments. Oversees and ensures timely production schedule for design and marketing materials. Ensures the Ringling brand voice and optimizes communications and content for mobile, local, national and international audiences.
- Researches target audiences, establishes social media sites, and oversees website development. Creates a comprehensive Marketing Plan in consultation with Executive Director and Senior Staff. Produces metric based reports demonstrating marketing results.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field + 6 years of related experience.
Graduate Degree in Communications or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with crises and manage sensitive information.
- Ability to develop and implement a successful marketing plan/strategy.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated Salary Range $65,000 to $75,000.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.