Community Relations Coordinator
Pay Schedule: 40 hours/wk.
Reports to: Executive Director(s)
To apply, please submit résumé and 3 references to Jennifer Humayun and Nancy Morgan, Co-Executive Directors, at email@example.com.
The Community Relations Coordinator will assist in development and execution of marketing and public relations strategies to support brand development of Goodwood Museum and Gardens in order to raise awareness in the community about what Goodwood has to offer, bring in more donors and patrons, and strengthen the volunteer base.
Key Components for this position include:
- Marketing/Communications - Promote the museum, its programming, and events in digital, social, print, and broadcast media. Ensure events are kept updated in all community calendars, and advertise as necessary. Help manage Social Media Platforms to ensure all are up to date. This includes our website, our Facebook Page, and our Instagram and Twitter accounts. Oversee communications intern(s).
- Volunteer Coordination - Manage our volunteer system. This includes maintaining the volunteer handbook and tracking volunteer hours. Create and maintain volunteer database and keep volunteers informed about changes, opportunities, etc. Recruit new volunteers by collaborating with Volunteer Leon/Get Connected, the Goodwood Alliance, and community and educational groups/clubs. Assist with volunteer appreciation events.
- Marketing Facility Rentals – In coordination with the Director of Rentals and Special Events, promote the availability of rental facilities by networking and speaking to different groups throughout the community, with particular emphasis placed on increasing mid-week rentals. Assist with development of marketing materials for rentals. Create an annual plan that details offerings for renting the property. Ensure that this information is presented to stakeholders in our community (i.e. non-profits, local businesses, government entities, meeting planners, etc.).
Other Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Rentals and Special Events - Provide assistance to the Director of Rentals and Special Events as needed in carrying out her responsibilities.
- Programming - Assist the Executive Director(s) and Director of Rentals and Special Events in implementing existing programs and creating new programs.
- Membership/Donor Relations - Assist the Executive Director(s) as needed with membership/donor recruitment, acknowledgement, and record keeping.
- Other Duties – Carry out additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director(s).
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on marketing, communications, non-profit management, or related disciplines.
- Some experience preferred.
For More Information
www.goodwoodmuseum.org, 850.877.4202 x222