Curator of Education
Parks and Conservation Resources
Pinellas County Government
Salary Range: $45,593.00 - $73,132.00
This is professional work developing, coordinating and implementing educational programs for an historical museum or botanical gardens. Employees in this class recruit, train, schedule, and supervise a large number of volunteers, produce educational packages for classroom use and organize tours and special events for the community. Duties are performed independently and weekend or occasional holiday work is required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- 5 years professional work in museums, history, anthropology, folk life studies or related field, or
- Bachelor's degree in history, education, anthropology, or folk life studies plus 1 year experience in education or museum education, or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
Illustrative Tasks (These are examples and are not all inclusive.)
- Develop implement, and evaluate educational programs for families, the general public and youth audiences, including K-12.
- Trains and evaluates docents and volunteers serving the public through tours of galleries, structures and demonstrations.
- Serves as liaison between the museum and schools including scheduling school tours and processing pre and post visit materials to teachers, greets groups upon arrival.
- Collaborates with museum staff to develop educational materials and activities for permanent and temporary exhibits.
- Promotes educational activities offered at the museum.
- Develops docent enrichment materials and workshops.
- Participates in the presentation of educational programs and activities.
- Coordinates the activities of volunteer personnel as needed for educational programs and activities.
- Prepares material describing educational services provided by the museum.
- Back up for opening and closing Friday and Saturday.
Apply by: November 12, 2017
To apply visit: https://Employment.PinellasCounty.org
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.