The Florida Humanities Council (FHC) seeks a qualified Development Coordinator to direct all facets of FHC’s individual fundraising program including donor prospecting and cultivation, donor communications, and maintenance of its Raiser’s Edge database. Under the general supervision of the Associate Director, the Development Coordinator will play a key role in creating and growing an annual and long-term individual fundraising program in accordance with the mission of the organization.
- Systematize and execute strategies for acquisition of new individual donors, donor retention, and donor upgrades
- Design and test new cultivation and stewardship vehicles to keep individual donors informed and engaged in FHC activities
- Serve as the primary administrator for all Raiser’s Edge database functions including maintaining and updating constituent records and ensuring data integrity; recording gifts and generating gift acknowledgements; donor prospecting; and running data queries and reports on a regular basis
- Provide database technical support and training for staff users to improve flow of information, processing and overall database efficiency
- Collaborate with Communications Director to gather stories and programmatic information to be utilized in direct donor solicitation and organizational outreach including e-news, website, print and social media
- Execute monthly income reconciliation with the CFO as well as track and update the annual development budget
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience working in individual fundraising within the non-profit and/or philanthropic sector
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Raiser’s Edge database experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships
- Self-starter and self-reliant but able work successfully as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in marketing and/or communications a plus
This full-time position reports to the Associate Director and provides direct support to the Communications Director.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please include “Development Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Florida Humanities Council is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to establish and maintain diversity among its staff and is thereby inclusive in its employment practices. Compensation includes a package of health, retirement savings and other benefits.
The Florida Humanities Council is the non-profit, state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Our grant making and public programming promote the preservation of history, literature, culture and the many disciplines of the humanities to establish a stronger sense of place, deepen relationships in communities, and promote vibrant public engagement. Our offices are located in downtown St. Petersburg on the USF- St. Petersburg campus.
Florida Humanities Council - 599 2nd Street South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 - floridahumanities.org