Position Title: Development Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics between the latitudes of 26 degrees north and 26 degrees south, including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and science. The Garden’s hands-on interactive Smith Children’s Garden, along with 90 acres of beautifully restored native habitats, formal Gardens, walking trails and public programming offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Development, this full-time position is responsible for implementation of all development events at the Naples Botanical Garden including fundraising events, member events, and other donor events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and Development Events
- Oversee signature fundraising events and related meetings
- Serve as the point of contact for all fundraising events and work closely with development team on members-only and donor events.
- Implement and provide comprehensive event coordination for assigned development events
- Responsibly for all vendor relationships
- Work closely with Volunteer Services to recruit and support event volunteers
- Oversee set up and cleanup of all special events
- Create and maintain event budgets
- Assist with event follow-up and evaluation process
Administrative and Database
- Prepare correspondence materials related to fundraising events, including gift acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders
- Provide regular reports to support fundraising event efforts
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to maintain up to date records for all development events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar or equivalent situation
- Prior fundraising event management experience
- Donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Ability and desire to interact with donors, volunteers and general public in a positive manner
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as the ability to work independently and multi-task
- Must be available to work evenings and week-ends
- Background check required
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, provide by email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. All applications and resumes will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status of your application soon.