The Norton Museum of Art is seeking a Development Officer responsible for the management of the Museum’s membership program. This individual is responsible for setting and achieving annual revenue goals, organizing a suite of programs and benefits, and strategizing methods of acquiring and retaining members through promotional initiatives, direct mail efforts, and marketing campaigns. The Development Officer for Membership oversees the Development Associate for Membership, ensuring that transactional data is accurately entered and tracked in the Museum’s database and that all membership deliverables are fulfilled on a timely basis.
The Norton Museum of Art was founded in 1941 and today houses one of the finest permanent collections in the South of over 8,000 works of art in five core collections: American, Chinese, Contemporary, European and Photography.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement engaging member activities such as events, previews, behind-the-scenes conversations, and other opportunities with the goal of designing a lively and attractive membership program.
- Ensure that department goals are met as set forth by approved budgets, and that all aspects of revenue/expenses are accounted for.
- Collaborate with the Design and Communications departments to produce compelling membership materials and deploy a marketing plan that includes promotional efforts, advertisements, and acquisition campaigns (direct mail and digital drives).
- Produce content/copy for the Museum’s website, marketing materials, invitations, monthly membership e-blasts, and the quarterly Member Newsletter.
- Oversee all aspects of member stewardship, including the processing of memberships in the Museum’s database, the acknowledgement/fulfillment process, member/donor recognition, and answering/routing member inquiries.
- Manage the monthly membership renewal process, exploring innovative strategies for retaining members.
- Leverage the Museum’s database to produce financial reports for the Chief Development Officer, Director/CEO, and Chief Financial Officer upon request.
- Work with the Visitor Experience department, the Store, and Restaurant to ensure proper training on the Museum’s membership program, policies and procedures, and strategies to increase on-site sales.
- Knowledgeable of moves management and capable of identifying opportunities to upgrade a member’s engagement and level of giving through strategic rapport-building.
- Experience working with external stakeholders such as consultants, partner organizations, and members of the community.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality with high level of customer service/sales skills.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality and exhibits a high level of professionalism and tact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact and integrate with a wide range of individuals.
- Organized, self-motivated, analytical, creative, and detail-oriented.
- Working knowledge and experience with CRM databases, Blackbaud’s Altru preferred.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to collaborate while also working independently.
Applicants can submit resume to HR@norton.org.
The Norton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates a diverse team of talented staff and volunteers.