The Director of Corporate Engagement provides support for Orlando Science Center by increasing revenue from corporate organizations. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and working closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Director of Corporate Engagement is responsible for fundraising corporate support and will create and execute both short-term and long-term strategies for increasing contributed revenue while building sustainable relationships for OSC.
- Develops and executes strategies for enhancing revenue from corporations and corporate foundations for both short and long term success in line with budget and organization goals.
- Develops effective revenue opportunities that meet the mutual marketing goals of the corporate partner and OSC.
- Utilizes the following tools to raise funds: exhibits, events, community accessibility options, naming, and corporate memberships.
- Develops and documents a robust pipeline of proposals and meets annual fundraising goals; establishes and achieves benchmarks for constructive growth; measures progress against institutional goals.
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner; utilizes automated systems for tracking and reporting; develops and maintains prospect lists in donor database.
- Ensures all corporate partners are being stewarded regularly throughout the year with the aim of building ongoing relationships that sustain the mission.
- Researches corporate prospects and develops plan to engage targeted organizations for short- and long-term partnerships.
- Develops and maintains a donor portfolio.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up with corporate clients for annual and comprehensive campaigns as outlined in Development Plan.
- Participates in the implementation of a successful comprehensive campaign for the long term growth of the Center.
- Stays current on corporate activity in the community to assess viable opportunities for engagement.
- Event responsibilities: Sells sponsorships for events that support the mission of OSC, keep track of all sponsor information and event content and communicates this information to the correct department in a timely manner (example: marketing), handles any guest/customer service issues the night of the event, designs sponsorship packets, event programs, invitation, e-blast, signage.
- Work with internal OSC departments including Finance, Marketing, Visitor Experience, Education and others to ensure fulfillment of Development goals with approval of Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience in corporate fundraising and/or business development. Three years of management experience, including budgeting and planning.
- Certifications: N/A
- Knowledge and involvement in the local community.
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organization or business development function.
- Strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Professional corporate experience.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday, with ability to participate in weekend and after-hours events as needed.
40% travel throughout Central Florida.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HRSpecialist@osc.org.