Director of Development
Category: Development – Full Time/Permanent/Exempt
Reports to President/CEO
Bok Tower Gardens, a National Historic Landmark in Lake Wales, Fl, seeks an experienced Director of Development to oversee existing programs of membership, grants, corporate sponsorships, donor cultivation, stewardship, events and recognition. The position will work with a Development Committee, Board of Directors and President/CEO to develop, implement, manage and evaluate a strategic plan to set and achieve major gift, capital, endowment, annual giving and planned giving goals. This position supervises a support staff and volunteer team.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- proven track record (5-10 years) in researching, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gift prospects in the $10,000+ range;
- demonstrate success in a variety of fundraising venues;
- ability to manage multiple tasks, mentor staff (direct report and others), problem solve, analyze data, and manage a budget;
- An understanding of fundraising trends with a proclivity to technology is a must;
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with CFRE certification; an advanced degree is a plus.
- High degree of computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media;
- Working knowledge of Altru software a plus.
- Knowledge and appreciation of gardens, music, and nature desired.
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package is offered with immediate employment opportunity. The full job description can be found along with organizational background information at www.boktowergardens.org.
Bok Tower Gardens is an Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
About Bok Tower Gardens
Bok Tower Gardens is a non-profit public garden located in Central Florida. Dedicated in 1929, the National Historic Landmark was a gift from Dutch immigrant Edward Bok, Pulitzer-prize winning author, social reformer, conservationist, and world peace advocate. The historic Olmsted gardens was planned as a bird sanctuary and meditative garden surrounding an art deco and neo-Gothic 205’ carillon tower of pink marble and tan coquina stone. The 60-bell carillon and its facilities is the finest in the world.
Resumes accompanied by letters of interest may be submitted by mail, fax or email.
Email, fax or mail cover letter and resume to:
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
This position will remain open until filled.