Located along the beautiful downtown riverfront of Tampa, Florida, the Tampa Museum of Art (TMA) is one of Florida’s Gulf Coast premier art museums, serving the community since its founding in 1920. TMA opened its award-winning new building in 2010 with a commitment to provide innovative public programs with a focus on ancient, modern, and contemporary art. The Museum balances a growing collection, including one of the largest Greek and Roman antiquities collections in the southeastern United States, with a dynamic annual schedule of special exhibitions and events. The region’s largest institution devoted to the art of our time, TMA has fostered a reputation for presenting contemporary photography and new media; most notably, Leo Villareal’s Sky (Tampa), a 14,000 square-foot LED installation on its south façade, has become an iconic landmark for Tampa. Since its founding, the Museum has been dedicated to providing quality education to students and adults, with more than half of its programs offered free of charge. The Museum has emerged as Tampa’s premier venue for special events and is home to Riverwalk Café at TMA, a café featuring favorite local flavors overlooking the Hillsborough River.
The Tampa Museum of Art (TMA) seeks a full-time Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and implement an overall marketing strategy that encompasses traditional, digital and social marketing initiatives, focused on bringing the museum’s vision to life across a wide range of diverse audiences that leads to building audiences and revenue generation. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing & Communications is an integral member of the Senior Management Team.
- Develop an annual strategic, multi-channel marketing and communications plan and budget (traditional, digital and social) that aligns with fundraising, membership, and program awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- Develop and implement media planning and placement that aligns with the marketing and communications plan and key fundraising dates throughout the year.
- Lead all marketing initiatives and project management for museum exhibitions, education programs and special events.
- Track ROI on all marketing initiatives.
- Manage all marketing, digital, and social media timelines and budgets.
- Oversee the museum’s brand standards and ensure they are followed with all communications (whether created internally or with outside vendors).
- Oversee internal and external designers and agencies on all creative produced.
- Coordinates the marketing initiatives with all museum departments.
- Oversee all external PR initiatives - Develop and maintain relationships with local media and government agencies.
- Oversee all local, regional, national and international media inquiries.
- Shape and execute all public statements, including policy, positions, and news affecting the museum and its programs.
- Serve as the final copy editor for all Development, Education, and Curatorial content that impact the public perception of the Museum.
- Supervise interns and direct reports on daily, weekly and monthly work plans.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team, which works with the director to set management and policy for the museum.
- Works with the Director to facilitate information delivery and open lines of communication among staff, trustees, directors, and volunteers.
- Serves as the primary liaison with the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees on matters related to Marketing, Public Relations, and Visitor Experience and Engagement.
- At least 8 years of media, marketing and communications experience.
- Of the above, at least 5 years of experience in digital and social media campaigns.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience of full and part time staff as well as vendor contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing or executing marketing/communications strategy with ROI metrics proving success and realignments in traditional, digital and social media.
- Demonstrated copy-editing experience.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web HTML, Data entry and e-Commerce.
- Experience in database management software (preferably Raiser’s Edge) .
- Experience in e-communications systems (for example MailChimp).
- Experience in managing and reporting on Google-Analytics.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org