TITLE: Director of Marketing
REPORTS TO: CEO
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISES: Marketing Interns
The Director of Marketing works with the CEO, staff, and Board to plan, implement, and coordinate an integrated institutional program of advertising, marketing, and public relations that builds and maintains a positive local, regional, and national image for the Museum. This image is crucial for ongoing support of the Museum through paid visitors, educational programs, memberships, sponsorships and overall
private, foundation and other support. The position serves as the Museum’s point of contact for local, regional, and statewide media. Works with the CEO and other staff to increase audience development, partnership cultivation, and membership relations.
- In collaboration with CEO, Board, Committees, and Department Heads develops and maintains short and long range marketing campaigns. Reviews and analyzes Museum, state, local, and regional marketing information to develop Museum target audiences, to strategize and short range and long range Museum advertising and marketing plans to enhance attendance, community awareness and visibility.
- Works with CEO, Board, Committees, and Department Heads to develop an annual public relations and marketing plan for s exhibitions, educational programs, special events, benefits, and Museum Store sales.
- Creates, oversees design and production of advertisements, publications, and other collateral materials.
- Follows current style guide, creating new styles and templates, when necessary, for use by staff and volunteers to ensure a unified look to promotional materials.
- Works with all staff to ensure a consistent image for the Museum is presented in all printed material.
- Secures content from and works with CEO, Board, Committees, and Department Heads to produce Museum public relations and marketing materials, including press releases, flyers, brochures, articles and materials to be included in print and electronic media.
- Maintains Museum’s presence on current social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Creates regular electronic email. Maintains/oversees and updates email database in collaboration with Guest Services & Membership.
- Works with local and regional media representatives to create and schedule Museum advertising for relevant magazines, news outlets, hyperlinked media website banner ads and social media posts, radio spots and television (commercial and calendar coverage) and press releases. Negotiates rates, trade and matching options, in-kind value and business ad-partnering when applicable.
- Responds to all media information requests.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Museum website and social media platforms. Keeps the Museum’s internet presence fresh, interesting and appealing. Periodically reviews analytics relating to Museum website and social media pages, and reporting these findings, when necessary.
- Responsible for capturing images or scheduling photography at Museum events and editing/sizing for use on social media and in various Museum publications.
- Provides necessary collateral materials for sponsorship solicitations related to programs and events.
- Represents the Museum of Art - DeLand at programs and events related to local and regional tourism, City and County promotional partnership groups
- With Director of Finance & Operations, develops and monitors the Marketing Department budget.
- In collaboration with CEO and Department Heads develops a trackable timeline for all marketing projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to proactively and clearly present the Museum’s message to the public and to targeted audiences through effective marketing, communications and public relations principles.
- Exceptional communications skills and creativity.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work with electronic and print, and post/interact on social media to enhance the Museum’s image locally and nationally.
- A strong understanding of advertising pricing and rate structures, and ability to negotiate rates on behalf of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and schedule work.
- Ability to relate personally to groups and individuals in both public and private organizations focusing on marketing, public relations, design and media.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Knowledgable of WordPress, HTML, CSS, and Adobe InDesign.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum education is an Associate Degree with emphasis in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or English with one to two years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or four years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations in a nonprofit organization or equivalent experience in private business.
The position requires local in-city travel and occasional travel to conferences and programs within the state related to tourism, marketing and advertising. The Director of Marketing will also be required to attend occasional Museum events on evenings and weekends.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND LETTER OF INTEREST, RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENT TO: