The Tallahassee Museum seeks an experienced and accomplished Director of Membership and Marketing to join its team in shaping a new vision for its future, building upon its unique 60-year history and values, commitment to its region and propelling its mission into the 21st century.
Reporting to the Museum’s Vice President of Philanthropy, the Director of Membership and Marketing will lead and coordinate the marketing, public relations and membership activities of the Museum by furthering the mission and goals of the institution. This role will build upon our successful multifaceted marketing efforts and robust membership activities to ensure successful promotion of the Museum.
- Develop, coordinate, and direct the marketing, public relations and membership activities for the Museum.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the Museum’s target customers.
- Manage the grant writing, reporting and administration of local and regional marketing grants.
- Plan, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies designed to keep the public informed and engaged about the Tallahassee Museum’s mission, programs, exhibits, events, initiatives and accomplishments.
- Plan and oversee the Museum's advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct mail outlets.
- Handle the marketing and public relations for and assists in the planning of the Museum’s special events. Attends all Museum special events.
- Manage and implement annual marketing plan to attract, retain, upgrade and service Museum members on a local and regional basis. Analyze data regularly regarding Museum membership and marketing performance and trends and develop strategies for increased success in these areas.
- Engage in appropriate community organizations and activities to increase awareness of the Museum and its membership and donor opportunities. Serves as an “on-air” media representative as needed.
- Oversee the development, production and distribution of museum publications and brochures, press releases, public service announcements and makes photographs, storylines, video or audio recordings available to media representatives and other persons interested in promoting the Tallahassee Museum activities or messages. Maintain and regularly update media contact information.
- Maintain a prominent social media presence on several platforms, executes social media campaigns and maintains a focus on web and electronic communications ensuring consistency of information at all touch points.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Research the placement and purchase advertising in print, outdoor, radio and television for Museum activities and special events. Research inquiries and follows up on local, regional, state and national PR/marketing opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of implementing, managing, and overseeing the Museum’s membership program including monthly renewal and lapsed members letters; conducts all new members acquisition and upgrade campaigns; organizes membership benefit fulfillments and member stewardship; plan and executes membership special events and ensures those events meet and/or exceed Museum standards.
- Oversee the maintenance of all membership, donor, and sponsor records. Analyze member and donor trends and designs campaigns and special offers accordingly.
- Write and/or edit and maintains the content of the Museum’s website and other publications which includes proofing, creative ideas, working with graphic designers and marketing opportunities. Manage the design and creative updates to the website.
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy in identifying members and individuals and obtaining support for philanthropic giving, event sponsorship, annual fund appeals, and other fundraising campaigns.
- Regularly create reports on the status of membership, marketing and development efforts for the Board and other Museum partners.
Supervises the Membership Assistant, Marketing Specialist, On Site Sales team and Unpaid Internship/volunteer positions within the Division of Institutional Advancement and partners with key roles throughout the Museum to further the publicizing of the Museum’s mission and activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in a related field of study, four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience working in museums or in the tourism industry preferred.
- Possesses excellent writing and language skills.
- Prior electronic and print media buying experience.
- Prior experience administering a social media marketing and advertising program.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Should have an ability to work flexibly and collaboratively. Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of creativity and self-direction.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please.