Type: Full-time, salaried. 40 hours a week. Some flexible scheduling with evening and weekend hours necessary. Health and time off benefits available for this position
Salary Range: Based on qualifications and experience
Responsible For: Coordinating education programs, operations, and teaching personnel. Creating integrated curriculum
Liaison with: Art and Culture Center/Hollywood (ACCH) administrators and staff, students, parents, teachers, artists, the general public and other organizations
Reports to: Deputy Director. Part of Education Department Team
Primary Function: Coordinates educational programming. This programming includes classes, after school programs, school partnerships, Distance Learning, camps, workshops, group tours, community events and other special projects. Creates integrated curriculum for new and existing programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and coordinate comprehensive education programs.
- Develop integrated programs and curriculum between and across departments and core academic subjects
- Responsible for teaching some programs
- Implement and coordinate programming including workshops, classes, camps, and special projects
- Coordinate registration for all classes, camps, and special programs. Keep thorough records of registrations and information using Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of integrated lesson plans for programming. Ensure all curriculum is connected to State Standards, Common Core Standards, and/or National Standards as well as integration of STEAM.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring and supervision of qualified teachers, artists, performers, and assistants.
- Work with the Deputy Director and Education Team to develop new and expand existing programs.
- Work with grant writing staff and Deputy Director to provide information, ideas, scheduling possibilities and supplemental materials for funding opportunities.
- Communicate with schools, families, and communities to promote existing and upcoming programs and educational opportunities.
- Draft educational text necessary for programming materials and promotion.
- Review and approve written materials (press releases) and website text relative to educational programming. Ensure website information and marketing materials are current.
- Monitor and purchase supplies required to implement programs within budget allowance.
- Create and implement other educational opportunities that help support the mission of the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood.
- Serve as a liaison for the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood at necessary meetings and public forums.
- Provide reports regarding the status and accomplishments of programs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described and as organization needs.
Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education, educational arts management, or other related field and a minimum of two years experience working with education, curriculum development and teaching staff supervision. Teaching experience or teaching capability is required. Experience integrating programs in more than one arts discipline is greatly desired. Previous experience or interaction with Distance Learning would be a plus. The candidate will work directly with children and families, so a strong sense of initiative, commitment, responsibility, dependability and creativity is required. The candidate should work well as part of a team and also be self-directed. Exceptional communication, problem solving and diplomacy skills required. Excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as an ability to work well with the public is necessary. Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google platforms, as well as computer operating systems is required. Level 2 background check and clearance is required.
Please submit resume, salary requirement, and any supplemental materials you feel relate to the position by mail, hand delivery, email, or fax only. Reference Education Coordinator position. Position open, until filled but interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 5, 2018.
Attn: Deputy Director
Re: Education Coordinator Position
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020
Fax: 954. 921. 3273