The Florida Department of State, Office of External Affairs, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Educator/Naturalist at The Grove Museum.
The Educator/Naturalist at The Grove Museum is responsible for contributing to regular museum tours, programs, special events, and site operations, including:
- daily site opening/closing procedures
- leading guided tours of the house and grounds
- developing and implementing educational programs in area(s) of expertise
- contributing to longterm landscape planning as needed
- performing specialized landscape maintenance tasks as needed
- interfacing with providers of contracted landscaping services as needed
- staffing special events as needed
Applicants must possess a college degree in science education, the natural sciences, horticulture, environmental history, or a related field and have at least two (2) years combined relevant work experience in academia, K-12 and adult education, museums, not-for-profits, government, or in a comparable environment in the private sector.
This is full-time OPS position that pays $15 per hour. Applicants must be able to:
- work Tuesday – Saturday, occasional evenings and after hours
- communicate effectively with the public
- produce written plans and reports
- work several consecutive hours outdoors during all seasons
- lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- operate standard landscape maintenance equipment
- pass a Level II criminal history background screening
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current c.v./resume to TheGrove@DOS.MyFlorida.com. Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. This position is open until filled.