Executive Director & CEO
Full Time, Exempt
Purpose: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director & CEO provides strong, innovative, and collaborative leadership and is responsible for the achievement of Art & History Museums – Maitland’s (A&H) mission, vision, and financial objectives.
- Empower, engage, and inform staff and board
- Provide leadership in developing financial, organizational, and program plans with the Board and staff, and define and implement programs and policies
- Work with the Board and staff to ensure A&H has a long-range strategy and artistic plan, which fits its mission, and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Oversee operations and facility and collection needs including historic properties according to best practices
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the museum field
- Serve as a non-voting member on the Board of Directors
- Work with the Board and staff to meet diverse fund development objectives to further the mission of the organization. Development will include individual giving, earned revenue, planned giving, corporate giving, grants, and fundraising events, with a focus on general operating support, endowment growth, and capital improvements.
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure the financial health of the organization and meet all legal and tax requirements.
Public Relations & Marketing:
- Serves as spokesperson for the organization and clearly articulate the mission and activities of the organization to the media, funders, community partners/leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee marketing and communications program to increase public awareness and promote consistent mission and image using a diverse toolkit.
- Help maintain and foster relationships with other public and non-profit agencies, businesses, and individuals to further the mission of the organization
- Oversee all programs to increase quality, involvement, and achieve A&H’s mission.
- Dynamic, energetic, engaging leader who:
- Possesses superb verbal and written communication skills
- Has the ability to serve as an inspiring spokesperson for the organization
- Is passionate and knowledgeable about art, history, and museum standards
- Is able to work with a variety of audiences
- Has a strong work ethic and can develop a highly productive work environment while demonstrating flexibility:
- Demonstrates a high level of business and financial acumen.
- Is knowledgeable about historic preservation
- Minimum five years nonprofit leadership experience preferred
- Proven track record of fundraising and marketing success, capital campaign experience preferred
- Proven track record of sound financial management
- Private / public partnerships experience preferred
- Experience in contemporary art and historic preservation preferred
- Experience in working with elected officials and government entities to facilitate in moving the museum’s mission in the community
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, history, or museum studies preferred.
- Advanced Degree (or equivalent experience) preferred.
Please send resumes to email@example.com