Experienced Graphic Designer
With a marketing and communications presence that includes print, digital, outdoor, social media, community outreach, donor stewardship, and a dynamic website and ecommerce site, the Tampa Bay History Center is looking for a creative professional with a sharp eye to keep us looking good.
Together with the History Center’s Director of Marketing and Communications, the full-time Graphic Designer will create eye-catching logos and marketing materials for special exhibits and public programs, and help produce printed materials like our annual newsletter and quarterly event calendars.
Digitally, the Graphic Designer will help create engaging email marketing campaigns and display ads, help compose presentations for senior staff, or help create an online history timeline.
On the tech side, we need someone to keep our website and ecommerce site up-to-date and optimized, ensuring our online visitors can quickly and easily find the information they need prior to their visit to the History Center.
The Graphic Designer will also assist with the management of our social media accounts, helping to deliver fun and informative content to tens of thousands of our followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The ideal candidate will be able to work across departments and manage multiple jobs and initiatives at once.
You’ll work on a logo for an upcoming exhibit while adding a new event to the website, ensure the printer received that invitation that was supposed to be mailed to our members yesterday, and design a 15-foot banner for the side of the building, all before stopping in the gallery to post a photo on Instagram.
- This is a support role for someone with a few years of experience designing for a variety of mediums, especially print and digital.
- A four-year degree in graphic design, multimedia design, visual communications, fine art or journalism is strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact with staff, work with a variety of departments and personalities, and take on new or unexpected tasks or projects as assigned.
- Expert-level experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Illustrator, and Photoshop is required. Familiarity with both Mac and Windows operating systems, along with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with social media, especially social media marketing.
- Basic photography and video skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of print production is preferred.
- Some copywriting or copyediting experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with museums, cultural sites, community events or the world of non-profit community engagement would be ideal.
Working at the Tampa Bay History Center
Located along the Tampa Riverwalk, the History Center is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, a Smithsonian Affiliate, and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Three floors of exhibit galleries take visitors through 10,000 years of human habitation in the greater Tampa Bay area and Florida, covering everything from Spanish conquistadors to Ybor City cigar rollers, Florida cattle ranchers to pirates and shipwrecks.
The History Center hosts approximately five special exhibitions each year and dozens of public events, including lectures, book groups and signings, walking tours, historical reenactors, after-hours tours, a black tie gala, summer camps and more.
The History Center welcomes more than 100,000 visitors annually, including school groups from throughout the bay area, tourists and locals.
Full benefits package available. The Tampa Bay History Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
Interested? Submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.