Job ID 47762
Apply on or before 9/7/2020 at: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=47762&PostingSeq=1
The role of Museum Housekeeper serves as a member of the Museum Housekeeping Team and performs custodial tasks such as public restrooms cleaning and stocking, mopping, dusting, floor maintenance, and more.
- Cleans and sanitizes all public spaces and restrooms throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex during the day. Restocks tissue, towels, and hand soap supplies.
- Completes assigned daily tasks in campus venue to include prepare the campus to open, cleaning glass, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and emptying wastebaskets. Respond to service calls. Clean special event areas as needed: clearing refuse and using appropriate tools to remove stains and scrub hard surfaces as needed.
- Complete assigned work orders and stock custodial closets according to supply request sheets or as needed.
- Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66-acre campus to deliver supplies and carry equipment. Clear trash from Sarasota Campus Complex grounds and clean exterior surfaces. Empty and transport recycling.
- Performs custodial maintenance projects and other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications include:
- Completion of a 9th grade education or higher
- Proof of valid Florida driver's license (please note learner permits will not be accepted)
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position which include the ability to move objects up to 45 lbs. (water bottles), working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs and ladders, and standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Customer service and effective communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to follow directions and complete detail-oriented work
$24,000 per year + Florida state benefits available. To learn more about benefits, visit: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home.
Working hours are 10 AM to 6:30 PM Tuesday to Saturday with Sundays and Mondays off.
Please note that while the primary hours for this position are during the daytime presently, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and special events based on the needs of The Ringling.
About The Ringling
A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Learn more about The Ringling:
- Website: https://www.ringling.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRingling
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theringling/
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theringling
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ringlingmuseum/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI2uPmy9NN2yMit1EFOuAQ
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.