Job ID 47100
This role serves as a member of the General Museum Housekeeping Team which includes the following tasks:
- Strips, mops, spray buffs, and finishes a variety of different floor surfaces through the Sarasota Campus Complex. Performs custodial maintenance projects.
- Cleans and sanitizes public and employee restrooms throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex. Washes down restroom walls. Restocks supplies of tissue, towels, and hand soap.
- Vacuums, dusts, polishes, dust-mops, and mops office and public areas. Removes trash from office and public areas. Cleans blinds in offices.
- Cleans areas as designated after special events.
- Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66 acre campus to deliver supplies and carry equipment. Other duties as needed.
- Completion of 9th grade education or higher.
- Possession of valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include moving objects up to 45 lbs, working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs, and standing and walking for extended periods.
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures of custodial work.
- Knowledge of and the ability to safely operate machinery, tools, equipment, and materials used in area of work.
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify safety hazards and necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Previous experience with floor buffers, carpet shampooers, Kaivac cleaning system, and riding and/or walk behind floor scrubbers.
- Previous experience working in similar environments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated Salary Range is up to $24,000 per year plus Florida State benefits (http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home)
Per FSU policy, Pay Additives, incumbents are eligible to receive a 5% shift differential pay. Eligibility may be assigned when an incumbent's scheduled working hours fall within the evening (between 6 PM and 12 AM) or night shift (12 AM and 6 AM), and is subject to provisions specified in applicable collective bargaining agreements, if any.
The primary working hours for this position are between 2:00 pm and 10:30 pm, however incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, and special events based on the needs of the Ringling.
- Positions 1 and 2's working days are Thursday - Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday off.
- Position 3's working days are Friday - Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday off.
- Position 4's working days are Saturday - Wednesday with Thursday and Friday off.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
About The Ringling
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.