The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
The Security Guard will serve as the primary person for the Education building security operations. Provides quality customer service and ensures the safety and security of all employees, volunteers, and visitors. Responsible for the protection of the Ringling collection and historic buildings and associated facilities.
- Follows the Ringling Security Operating Guidelines. Follows all procedures and operations guidelines for the Security of the Education Building. Ensures the safety of the library collections and the conservation area.
- Performs as public safety officer in the absence of the Safety & Security Coordinator and Security Supervisors. Responds to incidents and emergencies, which may require the ability to walk significant distances and or climb/descend stairs quickly. Assists individuals involved in accidents or when injured on campus. Assists in execution of emergency plans concerning evacuation of venues in the event of fire, disasters, or other emergency situations. Performs routine inspections of alarm systems, fire extinguishers, first aid kit supplies, and incident reporting supplies. Prepares written reports as necessary.
- Has knowledge and ability to operate the Ringling Museum Security Operations Center (SOC) on the security day shift. The SOC is the electronic nerve center for all Ringling campus security operations. It is a combined dispatch, surveillance, access control center staffed 24/7, 365 days a year by one to two SOC console operators. SOC operators are responsible for multiple protocols. Utilizing electronic security systems, access control points, closed circuit video systems, fire and weather monitoring systems, and computers, the SOC operators monitor conditions on campus and communicate important information with the appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position including, but not limited to, the ability to walk significant distances and/or climb stairs quickly in order to respond to emergencies.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to differentiate emergency from non-emergency situations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify safety hazards and necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Within the first twelve months in the position, the incumbent must have completed all required training (provided by the Ringling) including but not limited to: First Aid Certification, Blood-borne Pathogens Training, Weather Spotter Certification, FEMA Online Incident Command System courses IS 100.b, 235.a, 240.a, 241.a, 700.a, and 800.b, Basic Campus Fire Suppression System Training, Cross Match Fingerprint Scanning Software Application Training, and FSU Core Curriculum Supervisor Course Modules 1-10.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated salary range of up to $24,000 per year + Florida state benefits available.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
While the primary working hours for this position are between: 8:00 am- 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, special events, holidays, and overtime. Shift may rotate according to department needs.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf