The Cade Museum for Creativity & Invention (Cade Museum) a non-profit 501(c)3 located in Gainesville, Florida, is seeking to hire an adaptable, creative, articulate, and highly-motivated individual with at least five years of experience to support our team in the role of Visitor Services and Gift Shop Manager. A positive, team oriented attitude is a must!
It is a full-time position in a small startup, casual entrepreneurial environment. Salary offered is commensurate with experience. We are not able to offer health benefits. There is a three-month probationary period for all new hires.
The Visitor Services and Gift Shop Manager is responsible for managing the general administrative operations of the Cade Museum front line staff and gift shop. This position reports directly to the Director of Museum Operations. Some of the anticipated position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
General Administrative Duties
- Develop and ensure adherence to policies and procedures related to visitor services and retail operations including: financial and inventory controls, customer service standards,
- Develop and manage an annual departmental budget.
- Develop an annual staffing plan and ensure that staffing is within budget and adequate to meet customer needs.
- Set qualitative and quantitative performance goals and incentives for staff to meet overall strategic retail goals.
- Coordinate recruiting, hiring, training, coaching of the front line and retail staff.
- Provides monthly admissions and retail sales reports the Museum Operations Director.
- Work with marketing for promotions and sales.
- Serves on committees on behalf of the visitor services department.
Visitor Services Duties
- Serves as primary ambassador, welcoming visitors, providing orientation and information about exhibitions, programs, and events to the Cade Museum, Annex and Cade Garage.
- Sets up programs and ticket types into the ALTRU database.
- Serves as primary point person for security within the Museum, and handles incident reports.
- Performs admissions desk duties from opening to closing:
- Serves as receptionist and greeter for guests arriving for meetings or individual appointments and directs phone inquiries.
- Ensures a tidy front desk with up-to-date materials and handouts for staff.
- Enters admissions, visitor data, and POS memberships into the ALTRU database.
- Handles cash and credit card transactions securely and swiftly.
- Check in group sales and field trips.
Gift Shop Duties
- Oversee all aspects of the gift shop’s inventory control and ALTRU point of sale system.
- Identify, purchase, price and market quality products for the gift shop relating to the mission of the Museum, and temporary exhibitions.
- Create displays and refresh gift shop using visual merchandising skills.
- Maintain stock, and review and track sales performance for future merchandising decisions.
Software and Database Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with ticketing and merchandising software, knowledge of ALTRU a plus.
- Able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues for the ALTRU point of sale system.
Supervisory retail experience and strong public facing customer service skills; visual merchandising experience; accurate cash management skills; professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to lift and carry moderate weights of merchandise. Flexible schedule including weekends, some evenings and holidays. BA preferred but not required.
To apply, visit our website for a link to application: https://www.cademuseum.org/employment.html