Historical Museum Operations Manager
Parks and Conservation Resources
Pinellas County Government
This is managerial and supervisory work directing the operation of the Pinellas County Historical Museum at Heritage Village. The employee develops budgets and administers the use of allocated resources. Ability to oversee the utilization and growth of historic collections and archives, ensuring their proper care and protection, is required. Expertise is required in carrying out and directing complex projects and studies related to the history of Pinellas County. Duties include collaborating with various civic groups, clubs, and other historical agencies and organizations. The incumbent exercises a high degree of independent judgment and initiative. Weekend or occasional holiday work is required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in history, American history, museum studies or directly related field and 5 years of experience in historical museum operations; or
- Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience as described above; or
- An equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Experience developing strategies, objectives, and tactics for the efficient and effective operation of historic museums or similar institutions.
- Experience developing and implementing programs, activities, and operations of historic museums or similar institutions.
- Experience hiring, supervising, and evaluating staff of historic museums or similar institutions.
- Experience utilizing historical research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Experience developing and administrating budgets and fiscal plans for historic museums or similar institutions.
Salary: $66,643.00 - $100,963.00
Apply by: June 3, 2018
To apply visit: https://Employment.PinellasCounty.org
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.