Manager of Exhibit Maintenance Full time benefited position. The Manager of Exhibit Maintenance provides administrative and operational support to the Exhibits department. The Manager of Exhibit Maintenance will be expected to assist management to oversee non-exempt exhibit staff and volunteers, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and demonstrate excellent quality control skills.
The secondary responsibility for this position is to coordinate traveling exhibit logistics and oversee contract labor for traveling exhibits. This includes coordinating and delegating tasks with the traveling exhibits crew to ensure safe and timely load-in and load-out.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to work weekends
- Works with a high degree of independence on multiple projects in parallel
- Produce a detailed schedule that highlights the staffing assignments for exhibit projects and tasks
- Work with operations team and update exhibits calendar with facility wide events and operational experiences to staff accordingly
- Ensure all pertinent staff documents and training materials are updated as necessary
- Coordinate training and schedules for exhibit staff and volunteers
- Perform regular quality control evaluations on exhibit maintenance operations
- Give direct and significant creative input to the exhibit development and design team
- Able to problem solve with flexibility and demonstrate good judgment in a variety of situations
- Conduct proper start up and /or shut down of all exhibits and halls on a daily basis
- Perform opening rounds and accurately document which exhibits are operational, partially operational, off the floor and inoperative on floor.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot electronic and electrical components
- Take a proactive role with the maintenance team to identify problems and repair (in a timely manner) all mechanical and electrical exhibit components
- Recommend improvements to existing components to decrease M&R incidents to the Exhibit Management; make such improvements or work with fabricators to construct such improvements.
- Assist in unloading, set up, takedown and loading of temporary and permanent exhibits
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of tools and equipment; follow proper safety procedures associated with each tool equipment / material.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
College Diploma or 3-5 years related experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Organization, ability to work without direct supervision.
Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Able to lift, push and/or pull 50 lbs
- Able to climb ladders and work from genie and scissors lifts at varying heights
- Able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HRSpecialist@osc.org.