MANAGER OF MEMBER RELATIONS
The Manager of Member Relations is responsible for leading and managing the membership program. The primary responsibilities of this position include: setting strategic direction for growth, acquisition, retention and increased engagement of the membership program resulting in fulfilling department and museum goals. The Manager of Member Relations will also be tasked with identifying, cultivating, and stewarding potential members and member groups for the Orlando Science Center.
- Develops and implements creative and effective membership campaigns.
- Applies strategies and fundraising best practices along with membership program expertise to ensure a grounded approach to decision making, ensuring the execution of membership programs to reach fundraising goals.
- Leads, organizes and manages workflows of the Membership program in order to meet program outcomes efficiently and effectively.
- Manages, maintains and prioritizes communications/engagement calendar, ensuring successful implementation of membership strategies.
- Proactively collaborates with internal departments so that strategies are aligned for the benefit of overall museum goals while creating loyalty and engagement.
- The position requires a strong team player, a self-starter, organized and goal-oriented, and passionate about the arts and sciences who can provide first-class customer service.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on progress to goal for programs.
- Stays current with and maintains data integrity within point of sale, customer relations system for reporting, solicitations and relationship management.
- Serves as primary contact with external vendors for membership programs (telemarketing, direct mail, printers, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree in related field or 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of non-profit, fundraising experience required with a demonstrated working knowledge of membership programs. Experience working with membership/loyalty programs. Experience with digital, direct mail and proven success with donor/membership engagement strategies and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems a must.
- Certifications: N/A
- Working experience in membership organization preferred.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Willingness to be open and respectful of all backgrounds.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English valued.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development, and coaching of the Membership team.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to lift up to and beyond 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, twist, and squat.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time salaried role, nights and weekends required.
0%-10%; overnight travel to conference may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to HRSpecialist@osc.org. If you are selected to move forward in our interviewing process, a member of our team will contact you. Unfortunately, due to the number of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those applicants who best match our current openings. Thank you!