Marketing Assistant, Press and Social Media FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
About ICA Miami
ICA Miami is dedicated to promoting continuous experimentation in contemporary art, advancing new scholarship, and fostering the exchange of art and ideas throughout the Miami region and internationally. Through an energetic calendar of exhibitions and programs, and its collection, ICA Miami provides an important international platform for the work of local, emerging, and under- recognized artists, and advances the public appreciation and understanding of the most innovative art of our time. The Museum is deeply committed to providing open, public access to artistic excellence by offering year-round free admission.
About the Position
The Marketing Assistant will be an integral part of ICA Miami’s External Affairs team. The Marketing Assistant will support communications, by organizing social media activities under the direction of the Marketing Manager and external relations consultants. The Marketing Assistant will also provide general support to the External Affairs team and will assist with other departmental tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose and draft social media activities including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, etc., under the direction of the Marketing leadership and external relations consultants;
- Coordinate social media messaging across departments;
- Monitor the museum’s social media channels and public reviews;
- Assist with mailed and emailed correspondence, including newsletters, department-specific publicity mailing;
- Prepare department-specific publicity mailings;
- Assist external relations team with media requests in a timely fashion;
- Proactively identify and secure featured opportunities for the museum and stories and media relating to the museum;
- Monitor and report on the museum’s media coverage highlighting the institution and achievements by key personnel;
- Organize print and digital press assets, including image database, contact sheets, press clippings, and event listing information;
- Actively create media content and represent ICA Miami as a principal media liaison for events, photoshoots, off-site promotional events, etc.;
- Regularly review and update editorial and events calendars, and ensure that institutional media lists are kept current;
- Assist the External Affairs team with project-based research, analysis, and action when required by department leaders;
- Research and propose effective new avenues for museum communications and promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English/Writing, or equivalent (preferred);
- Experience in public relations, communications, marketing, or a similar field;
- Prior experience working in museums or in arts marketing preferred;
- Knowledge of arts and culture press;
- Knowledge of social media;
- Must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
- Demonstrated abilities to work effectively as part of a team and also independently;
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to oversee projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, set priorities, and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Collaborative, flexible, and helpful;
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally, including the ability to be an effective public speaker; and
- Photoshop, video editing tools, fluent in data management software.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions;
- While performing the duties of this potions, the employee may frequently lift and or move 25 pounds of materials;
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunities
ICA Miami provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.