Position Title: Membership and Annual Fund Manager
Reports to: Director of Development Operations
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics between the latitudes of 26 degrees north and 26 degrees south, including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and science. The Garden’s hands-on interactive Smith Children’s Garden, along with 90 acres of beautifully restored native habitats, formal Gardens, walking trails and public programming offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Under the direction of the Director of Development Operations, the Membership and Annual Fund Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Garden’s membership and annual giving program, including strategic planning and growth; providing a significant base of unrestricted annual support and donor cultivation; fulfillment of member benefits and services; developing effective marketing strategies and programs; increasing and improving member renewal, retention, upgrades and acquisition, while supporting the greater fundraising and capital campaign goals of Naples Botanical Garden.
The Membership and Annual Fund Manager oversees a Membership Associate and a Development Associate and works closely with the Visitor Services and Communications teams to achieve and/or exceed annual fundraising goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects the membership program and implement strategies for maximizing member retention, recapturing lapsed members, new member acquisition, and effective stewardship/gift processing/donor relations to meet goals.
- Develop and execute the strategic communications plan for the annual fund and coordinate direct mail and online campaign efforts.
- Partner with Visitor Services staff to ensure a strong front-line membership sales effort.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and annual donors through phone, email, written, and face-to-face communication, and effectively resolve any member-related issues.
- Plan and execute member activities, events, and promotions, working effectively with other departments as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of member benefits, including the Royal Palm Society.
- Work with Development team in writing newsletter articles, board reports, annual report, and other development communications as necessary.
- Develop and promote the Corporate Membership program.
- Assist with major fundraising/cultivation/stewardship events.
- Create and maintain member-related partnerships including reciprocal gardens and local business partners.
- Partner with Communications team in the development and production of all membership marketing materials and content, including printed material, electronic communication, direct mail pieces, and other communications that build membership and community engagement.
- Support Advancement team with Raiser’s Edge queries and exports for mailings, electronic communications, research, reporting, etc.
- Supervise a Membership Associate and Development Associate and serve as a vital member of the Garden’s volunteer Membership Committee, providing leadership, support, and motivation.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development Operations.
- Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- Attention to detail with high standards for accuracy
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong writing skills; must be able to demonstrate a variety of writing styles (solicitations, newsletter, proposals)
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time
- Demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and solicitation techniques
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Minimum 3-5 years of membership-based fundraising management experience
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Pre-Employment background check required
A pre-employment background check required.
To Apply: Please provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by email to email@example.com
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a longstanding policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.