Position Title: Membership Associate
Reports to: Membership and Annual Fund Manager
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics between the latitudes of 26 degrees north and 26 degrees south, including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and science. The Garden’s hands-on interactive Smith Children’s Garden, along with 90 acres of beautifully restored native habitats, formal Gardens, walking trails and public programming offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Membership and Annual Fund Manager, this full-time position will support the day-to-day activities of the Membership program. The Membership Associate will assist with the membership program by processing and acknowledging membership gifts, providing exceptional service to members, and contributing to the overall success of the Development Department through membership mailings, events, and special projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of robust Membership program
- Accurately process and acknowledge high volume of membership gifts
- Assist with planning and execution of member activities, benefits, events, and promotions, working effectively with other departments as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and donors through phone, email, written, and face-to-face communication
- Effectively resolve any member-related issues
- Prepare member correspondence as needed
- Assist with database clean-up in the course of everyday entry and mailings
- Perform administrative and office support activities for Membership
- Oversee monthly renewal mailings
- Assist Development team with member and donor stewardship efforts
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to maintain up to date records for all development events
- Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer Service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal – maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control
- Attendance/Punctuality – consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Organizational and planning skills – uses time wisely
- Initiative, reliability, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of Raisers Edge database data entry/management experience preferred
- Non-profit experience necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
A pre-employment background check required.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, provide by email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. All applications and resumes will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status of your application soon.