Reports to: Director of Membership and Annual Giving
Naples Botanical Garden is a world-class garden and international leader in plant conservation. It has 170 acres of flora focusing on the tropics and sub-tropics, including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden fulfills its mission to connect people and plants through display, education, and conservation both on our property and beyond. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Membership and Annual Giving, this full-time position will support the day-to-day activities of the Membership program. The Membership Associate will assist with the membership program through administrative duties, logging and processing gifts, providing exceptional service to Members, and contributing to the overall success of the Development Department through assistance with events, special projects, and responding to Member inquires.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of robust Membership program
- Perform administrative and office support activities for Membership
- Log incoming daily gifts related to membership, annual giving, contributions and/or events received by mail
- Distribute invoices received by mail to Accounting
- Accurately process and record high volume of gifts by check and credit card adhering to Garden confidentiality and PCI compliance policies
- Scan membership renewal documents for gift entry and digital record keeping
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and donors through phone, email, written, and face-to-face communication effectively resolving any member-related issues
- Prepare member correspondence as needed
- Assist Development Events Manager with event communication
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to maintain up to date records
- Monitor department supplies and order as necessary with approval from Director of Membership and Annual Giving
- Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer Service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal – maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control
- Attendance/Punctuality – consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Organizational and planning skills – uses time wisely
- Initiative, reliability, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of Raiser’s Edge database data entry/management experience preferred
A pre-employment background check required.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and contact information by email to email@example.com. To find out more about Naples Botanical Garden, please visit our website at www.naplesgarden.org. Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin (ancestry), or disability.