Position Title: Membership Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Membership and Annual Giving
Status: Full-time/Hourly (non-exempt)
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics between the latitudes of 26 degrees north and 26 degrees south, including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and science. The Garden’s hands-on interactive Smith
Children’s Garden, along with 90 acres of beautifully restored native habitats, formal gardens, walking trails and public programming offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Membership and Annual Giving, this full-time position will support the day-to-day activities of the Membership team within the Development Department. The Membership Coordinator will assist with the Garden’s fundraising efforts by processing of daily incoming gifts and gift acknowledgement, planning of ongoing Member events, and coordination of print collateral and electronic communication to membership audiences. Additionally, this position will monitor and respond to Member questions and requests via email, phone, and in-person to provide a world-class experience for all Members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary Garden phone line and reception responsibility
- Receiving, logging and depositing of daily gifts received at Administration Office including preparation and distribution of daily gift log
- Perform daily donation scanning
- Processing of daily membership gifts and batch donation entry into POS and CRM systems
- Distribution of gift acknowledgements via email and/or mail
- Execute daily transfer of constituent data from Point of Sale (POS) and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems to ensure accurate membership and donor records
- Planning of ongoing Membership events such as Garden Circle Tours and Member Mornings
- Assist in staff coverage of select Membership events
- Preparation of Royal Palm Society ‘Gift of Membership’ benefit on monthly basis
- Coordination and creation of annual Membership collateral materials
- Coordination of monthly renewal direct mail and electronic reminder process
- Preparation of monthly Member email content
- Creation of email lists for Communications Department email schedule
- Monitoring and responding to Member needs via Membership Email Inbox and other Garden email accounts as necessary from Communications
- Liaison with Visitor Services Manager and Visitor Service Assistant Manager on trends/concerns seen at Ticketing; Coordinate appropriate action with Director of Membership and Annual Giving as necessary
- Address daily incoming Visitor Service issue slips related to Member request received at Ticketing staff for address and name changes
- Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- Attention to detail with high standards for accuracy and confidentiality
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage time working ensuring task deadlines are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function in a team environment and support colleagues toward common fundraising goals
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience in non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in use of fundraising Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Raiser’s Edge Fundamentals Certification
- 3-4 years of membership-oriented fundraising experience
A pre-employment background check required.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability, sex, age, or disability.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . To find out more about Naples Botanical Garden, please visit our website at naplesgarden.org. Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.