Job Title: Membership Manager
Job ID: 41291
Location: Sarasota, FL
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
- Oversees Membership Department which is responsible for increasing and maintaining members.
- Responsible for annual strategic planning to acquire new members, renewals, and upgrades from existing members including direct mail, on site sales, member service line, website, membership desk, face to face contact, events, and written communications. Oversees all policy and procedures for direct mail and maintains department budget.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective member communications and confidentiality in compliance with FSU, FSU Foundation including PCI compliance
- Responsible for close communication with Development staff to identify potential donors and provide appropriate recognition of members.
- Responsible for the daily department operations including direct communication with members, potential members, and other constituent inquiries. Manages training related to messaging the membership program and assists in overseeing the Visitor Pavilion Membership Desk operations and staff. Serves as relief for Membership desk staff as needed and determined by supervisor.
- Develops, interprets, executes and monitors membership policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate data collection and membership report analysis to determine trends relating to demographics, membership levels changes, dropped and lapsed memberships, and revenue.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years' experience.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to maintain and improve personal and team effectiveness, and foster change and creativity.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and methodology.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain alumni and donor relations.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to gather, interpret, report, and/or edit information.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
High $40's to low $50,000 range.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.