JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
GREAT PAY & AMAZING BENEFITS!
Have fun as you tell and bring to life the history and stories of the working St. Augustine Lighthouse.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, excellent customer service skills, a conscientious work ethic, people with the ability to work weekends and holidays to join our team who wants to work in a fast paced and exciting environment at the St. Augustine Lighthouse. All team members should focus on providing exceptional customer service and willing to work as part of a team.
Working at the lighthouse is rarely dull, as a museum associate you will train and work in multiple areas. You will get a chance to sell memberships and bricks, guide Dark of the Moon tours, interact with guests, and much more!
Museum Associates are responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the Store, to ensure the store is operating efficiently and effectively in line with our mission. They will deliver an unforgettable experience for visitors, ensure safety at the top and bottom of the tower, lead after hours and specialty tours, and teach our visitors the history of the Lighthouse.
This is a high demand out door position
- A choice between a top tier HMO or PPO healthcare plan
- 0-3 years of service and we’ll pay 80% of your healthcare premium
- 3-5 we pay 90%
- 5+ years and we’ll cover it all!
- Inexpensive vision and dental
- Paid time off
- 0-3 years accrues 2 weeks
- 3-5 accrues 3 weeks
- 5-10 accrues 4 weeks
- 10+ accrues 5 weeks
- Retirement Plan
- Simple IRA – we match up to 3%
- Discounts to other Florida Attractions
- Opportunity to earn 10% commission on qualifying bricks and membership sales
- Tour stipends
- The Museum Associate will be responsible for engaging and interacting with customers in a cheerful and energetic way.
- Work with store staff to ensure all open and closing procedures are followed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the Museum Store/Gift Shop as directed.
- Understand, focus on and satisfy all customer needs and issues. Resolve disputes as necessary or elevate to the proper executive level for resolution.
- Address and assist day to day store issues on a timely basis. Report any significant problems to your supervisor.
- Support the Store Manager as required and perform the functions as required when the Store Manager is not present.
- Price and/or bar code all merchandise as soon as possible as after it is received, as directed. Restock Gift Shop as needed to maintain customer access to inventory.
- Capture and maintain all customer information as directed (zip code or providence).
- Assist in completing an accurate annual inventory, and perform any periodic inventory checks as needed, to ensure that financial records are reasonably consistent with actual inventory.
- Required to perform site support activities including tower, base or café shifts and all related duties.
- Interprets real objects and ideas for the museum’s visitors, including individuals, family groups and tour groups. All interpretations will be based on the museum’s mission statement.
- Lead after hours and specialty tours, including but not limited to Dark of the Moon paranormal tours. Also support the Café during normal operations or DOM Tours.
- Site shift duties – interface guests at path, base of tower or top of tower.
- Associate is responsible for following all guild lines in the employee hand book and all operations procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Support Our Mission:
To discover, preserve, present and keep alive the stories of the nation’s oldest port as symbolized by our working St. Augustine Lighthouse.
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Cheyenne Genovar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904)829-0745 x248