The Orange County Regional History Center is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Museum Curriculum Coordinator. The History Center is a national multi-award-winning, AAM accredited, and Smithsonian affiliated institution centered around its mission: to serve as the gateway for community engagement, education, and inspiration by preserving and sharing Central Florida’s continually unfolding story.
This position supports the education department, assisting in the planning, development, coordination and implementation of museum education programs, activities, and events. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching formally or informally, coordinating events and programs, working in a museum or similar setting, and producing high-quality, hands-on programming.
- Develops curriculum for education programs and events including summer camp, youth and family, and public programming.
- Responsible for the management of summer camp including curriculum development, scheduling of activities, classroom management, and coordination of camp staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for the management of youth and family programming including but not limited to Home School Day, Family Days, Girl Scout and Scouts BSA workshops, and preschool programs.
- Teach and facilitate workshops, programs, and events.
- Assists in the development of K-12 school-based curriculum.
- Works alongside peer program coordinators to ensure curriculum meets state standards and educational best practices.
- Develops program assessments, tracks and measures program goals.
- Oversees administrative aspects of programs including marketing, registration, and scheduling.
- Assists in other areas and performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in History, Humanities, Museum Studies, Public History, Social Science, Education or a related field; one year experience in program management, development or coordination, and PreK-12 teaching; or an Associate's Degree and three years of progressively responsible museum experience; or an equivalent combination of closely related education, training, or experience.
Exceptional writing and editing skills.
$17.50 (based on qualifications)
Please apply at www.ocfl.net