CITY OF MIAMI BLACK POLICE PRECINCT AND COURTHOUSE MUSEUM
The City of Miami Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum, Inc. is looking for a qualified and energetic museum director to lead a comprehensive museum assessment and strategic planning initiative to take our unique historic site and museum to the next level. The position requires a skilled and inspired person that is willing to take on this challenge from the ground up.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Museum management experience.
- Museum assessment and planning experience
- Knowledge and experience in securing federal historic preservation designation.
- Successful experience in media and advertisement for a museum.
- Successful experience in developing community events and programming for a museum.
- Successful fundraising experience, including securing grants and donations.
- Experience acquiring and exhibiting historic artifacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Office management skills.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation and a caring disposition towards the general public. The candidate will demonstrate a pleasant attitude towards taking instructions and teaching volunteers to work in the museum.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience
All qualified candidates interested in applying are encouraged to:
- Complete this application.
- Submit the application, your cover letter, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 26, 2017.
For more information visit: http://historicalblackprecinct.org/about_us/hiring-museum-director/