Lightner Museum seeks to contract with a Museum Program Coordinator, who has an established LLC, to oversee, plan, and execute its public programs for the spring 2018 – spring 2019 season. This position is grant funded and limited to an average of 20 hours/week.
This position reports to the Executive Director, and collaborates with the Curator to develop new program opportunities related to current exhibits and the permanent collection. The Program Coordinator will also work closely with the Financial Manager and Development Coordinator to set budgets and revenue goals.
The Spring 2018 – Spring 2019 Program Calendar includes:
- Lightner after Hours, a free monthly social hour that highlights the Museum’s collection & history
- Florida Humanities Council Speaker Series, Spring 2018
- Lightner Museum’s 70th Anniversary Event – Oct. 19, 2018
- Oversee, plan, and manage the programs in the Spring 2018 – Spring 2019 calendar
- Add new educational programming to existing calendar, as resources & staffing allow
- Effectively manage program supply budgets & prepare timely reports on expenses
- Conduct regular program evaluations & report conclusions to staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in art history, museum studies, education, or other related field.
- One – two years of experience in working in a museum or similar setting
- Professional, positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Negotiable hourly wage up to 20 hours/week
Please submit a cover letter and resume with three references listed. Application packages should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.