Museum Services Coordinator – School Services
The Orange County Regional History Center, a Smithsonian Institution affiliate and American Alliance of Museums member, is one of the state’s preeminent cultural institutions. The History Center includes a history museum in a renovated 1927 courthouse, the collection of the Historical Society of Central Florida, the Joseph L. Brechner Research Library, the Emporium Museum Store, and Heritage Square Park. The museum has advanced its global mission to honor the past, explore the present, and shape the future through wide-ranging programs, permanent and traveling exhibits, and limited-run exhibitions from other prestigious institutions.
The Regional History Center is currently seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Museum Services Coordinator-School Services. This position plays a key role as part of the History Center Education team and is responsible for overseeing the museum’s school services programs.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in History, Humanities, Museum Studies, Education or other closely related field and one year of experience in program management, development or coordination; or an Associate’s Degree and three years of progressively responsible museum experience; or an equivalent combination of closely related education and experience.
- Two years of K-12 curriculum development, program management or coordination experience.
- Teaching experience in a formal or informal setting.
- Experience presenting to large groups.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Oversees daily onsite and outreach school and home school program operations.
- Assists in training school services program staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates with area schools to establish and maintain integrated curriculums.
- Responsible for oversight of the school services program budget.
- Responsible for the content of all related promotional materials for school services programs and assists with their design and distribution.
- Oversees and schedules school services bookings and assists with all other educational bookings.
- Works with the Curator of Education to establish school services programs and priorities.
- Researches and applies for applicable educational programming grants.
- Serves on various committees in order to develop positive relationships with the community.
- Participates in all education team planning and program development activities.
- Leads tours and participates in program delivery as required.
- Assists in other area and performs other related duties as assigned.
$34,278 - $44,907 (Based on qualifications) / Annually
April 24, 2017 – May 22, 2017
How to apply:
Find job number 19621, Museums Services Coordinator-School Services.