The Henry B. Plant Museum at The University of Tampa invites applicants for a Museum Store Manager/Buyer position. This position is responsible for managing the activities of the Museum Store including the selection of inventory, purchasing, display and sale of merchandise and will report to the Museum Executive Director.
1. Travel (Trade Shows & Markets) to select merchandise.
2. Receive shipments, maintain inventory, price merchandise and display stock.
3. Maintain condition of store in a professional manner.
4. Adhere to the Museum Store Association professional code of ethics.
5. Implement product development in conjunction with the Museum Director.
6. Develop advertising and public relations efforts.
7. Train volunteer store workers, oversee and delegate responsibilities.
8. Perform all "specialty services" such as shipping, delivering, special ordering items, etc.
9. Participate in worthwhile local boutiques/bazaars at various schools/clubs, setting up displays and selling merchandise.
10. Market Museum wholesale products, submit invoice, collect payment, deliver or ship orders.
11. Contributes to the quarterly newsletter.
1. High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
2. Ability to purchase merchandise related to the mission of the museum.
3. Retail experience preferred.
4. Excellent management/supervisory skills.
5. Ability to travel 2 or 3 times yearly to purchase merchandise.
6. Ability to work occasional evenings, holidays and weekends.
7. Knowledge of the Victorian Era, Florida History and Art History a plus.
8. Good oral, interpersonal and organizational skills needed as well as the ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
The Museum works a normal 40 hour week, Monday through Sunday. A normal work day is 9 am till 5:30 pm with 30 minutes for lunch. The person will work on a Saturday approximately every 7 weeks.
Visit http://www.ut.edu/jobs/ and click STAFF to view position description and complete application.