Title: Outreach Program Assistant—Education Department
Responsible For: Assistance with outreach and special programs
Liaison with: The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood administrators and staff, students, the community, parents, teachers, artists, and other organizations
Schedule: Part-time, approximately 15-20 hours a week, schedule varies based on program needs
Rate: $11- $14 an hour based on qualifications and experience
Reports to: Deputy Director
Primary Function: Assists with coordination of educational outreach programming at the Art and Culture Center including: Free Arts! Family Days, community events, Distance Learning, school partnerships, and other special projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the smooth operation of educational outreach programs. Lead team member on select projects.
- Responsible for teaching some projects and programs associated with outreach programming.
- Help coordinate registration for events and special programs.
- Assist with coordination, design, and implementation of lesson plans for programming.
- Oversee various outreach educational program budgets, and work with the ACCH management team to develop new and expand existing programs.
- Compile and report statistics for outreach and projects monthly.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several requests from a variety of forms, emails, and calls happening at the same time.
- Work with Education team and PR department to promote education programs and services. Contact schools, families, and communities to promote existing and upcoming programs.
- Design creative text for promotion purposes.
- Review written marketing materials relative to outreach educational programming.
- Communicate with parents, schools, and the community about current and up coming educational opportunities and programs.
- Monitor and purchase supplies required to implement programs within allowed budget.
- Maintain and set up program materials, teaching spaces and tools.
- Create and implement other educational opportunities that help support the mission of the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood.
- Serve as a liaison for the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood at necessary meetings and public forums.
- Assist the Deputy Director with administrative tasks as needed
- Provide bi-weekly reports regarding the status and accomplishments of programs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
Candidate must possess an Associate’s degree and/or currently enrolled in a degree seeking program in early education, elementary education, art education, museum studies, or other related field and a minimum of two years of experience working with children, families and/or education. The candidate will work directly with children and families, so a strong sense of commitment and responsibility is required. The candidate should work well as a team and also be self-directed. Excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as an ability to work well with the public is necessary. Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google platforms, as well as computer operating systems is required. Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information needed.
Please submit resume and any supplemental materials you feel relates to the position by mail, hand delivery, or email. Reference: Outreach Program Assistant. Position will remain open until filled.
Attn: Deputy Director
Re: Outreach Program Assistant
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020