Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant (OPS)
Job ID 44348 (Closes 11/7/18)
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
The Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant works within the Preparator Department within Collections, and is responsible for duties that support the work of the exhibition designer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the overall design process for exhibitions with a focus on graphic layouts and digital enhancements.
- Formatting label content for exhibitions, permanent galleries, and gallery rotations.
- Providing additional support with installations to include: pressing/cutting/labels, matting/framing, and minor fabrication.
- Creating installation designs for smaller-scale installations and exhibitions as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop).
- Experience designing and producing large-scale graphics.
- Experience working within a team in graphics production.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of how to prioritize/take initiative.
- Experience working within a team.
- Knowledge of composition and typography.
- Experience working within the context of gallery or museum setting to produce exhibitions.
- Experience with tactile production (precision cutting/mounting/installing).
- Ability to learn or knowledge of CAD and 3D modelling software.
- Knowledge of motion graphic software, digital video editing, or other skills related to designing and creating dynamic content.
- Knowledge of architectural documents, drawing to scale, plans, sections, and elevations.
- Ability to tell a story through design.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$17 per hour
Part-Time Exhibition Design Assistant will also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Free admission
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances and events and much more!
This is an OPS/part-time Job.
20 hours a week between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, based on the needs of the Ringling, and may include weekends, evenings, or holidays.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf