The Norton Museum of Art is seeking a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our museum team reporting to the Director of HR. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for managing the payroll process and benefits administration activities for the museum; and for maintaining the integrity of all payroll-related information and the accuracy of all reporting. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and reporting of all benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and the retirement plan.
The Norton Museum of Art was founded in 1941 and today houses one of the finest permanent collections in the South of over 8,000 works of art in five core collections: American, Chinese, Contemporary, European, and Photography. In February 2019, the Museum opened a new 59,000 square-foot wing of galleries, educational spaces, and visitor amenities designed by Pritzker-Prize winning architect Lord Norman Foster, as well as a sculpture garden.
- Compiles and completes data entry of information required to process the payroll; new hires, terminations, status changes, pay items, and ensuring authorization and accuracy of data.
- Responsible for daily payroll operations, controls, procedures, and employee/manager training, including developing and enforcing standards to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding payroll administration.
- Works with Finance to provide required General Ledger and financial reporting information.
- Coordinates applicable employee benefits plan enrollments and life status changes including new hire additions and terminations with providers.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data including reconciliation of monthly invoices.
- Responsible for maintaining employee HR files in good order for all payroll and benefits processing.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Three - five years’ experience in payroll and/or employee benefits plan administration.
- Experience with Paycom Payroll system preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with very strong Excel skills.
- Ability to detect errors and monitor own work to ensure quality.
For immediate consideration, please send an email with your resume, references, and cover letter to: HR@norton.org.
The Norton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates a diverse team of talented staff and volunteers.