Job ID 47150
Apply on or before 3/11/2020 at: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=47150&PostingSeq=1
The Public Relations and Marketing Program Associate works under the direction of the PR & Marketing Manager, supporting the administrative functions/operations of the Communications and Marketing Department and assists with Public Relations.
- Works with the PR & Marketing Manager and Marketing Director to manage eight separate Marketing Department budgets. Facilitates purchasing for the creation, distribution, and insertion of marketing assets as per communications and marketing plan for Museum operations, exhibitions, programs, and events. Creates and processes all departmental expenditure requests, financial system requisition entries, purchase orders, invoices, and on-going tracking of departmental budgets. Manages and traffics direct mail and media insertion orders. Maintains all departmental files and records for archival and grant management requirements.
- Overseen by the PR & Marketing Manager, writes and edits website static content. Ensures consistency in voice, style, and standardized institutional naming convictions by proofreading content. Assists in the development of positions statements, key messages and responses to public inquiry. Writes news releases, media alerts, PSAs and creates press kit materials suitable for the media under the direction of the PR & Marketing Manager. Assists with all local PR inquires, releases, and local news/media contacts. Maintains media distribution lists. Arranges and leads tours of the Museum campus for visiting media. Uses golf cart for tours and visiting media. Assists with management of internal communication initiatives.
- Interfaces with members of the museum Program Team, Asolo Reparatory Theater, Sarasota Ballet, and FSU Center for the Performing Arts to favorably time and showcase advertisements for upcoming show/events on the Ringling’s street side LED sign. Compiles marketing, admissions, and web (click-though) data for review by the Marketing Director and PR & Marketing Manager. Provides the grant coordinator with documentation and reporting of marketing effects in compliance with grant guidelines.
- Serves as the system administrator for the Basecamp computer program used by museum staff to collaborate on marketing projects and publications. Provides support to the PR & Marketing Manager in managing advertising timetables in various forms of media to coincide with internal department communications and public events for The Ringling in order to meet deadlines. Maintain project files and project tracking in an efficient and timely manner. Assist in the maintenance of supplies inventory.
- Supports the PR & Marketing Manager with the print production process including obtaining estimates (quotes), packaging files for press, reviewing proofs and ensuring the delivery of quality print products. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency and four years’ experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to four years.
- Three (3) PDF writing samples must be attached to be considered for this position. Appropriate samples would include press releases, pitch letters, and magazine/newspaper articles.
- Previous public relations, marketing, and/or administrative experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Outstanding editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid Florida driver's license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Please note: A work sample will be administering if selected for an interview.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English/Writing, or equivalent.
- Experience in public relations, communications, marketing, sales OR internship in related field an asset.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, to include the ability to interact with a variety of people.
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
Anticipated Salary Range
Up to $35,000 annually (commensurate with experience).
To learn more about all the benefits and perks offered for this role (including vacation, sick, holiday, retirement, etc.) please visit http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home.
Primary working hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.
About The Ringling
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org