The Harn Museum of Art is seeking a fulltime Registrar for Exhibitions and Loans. Under the supervision of the Senior Registrar, the Registrar for Exhibitions and Loans serves as the primary contact with lending institutions and individuals for designated loan exhibitions and individual loans; is the primary department liaison with the curatorial department to help organize and implement exhibition planning; assists Senior Registrar in developing annual budget; and assists curatorial staff in developing exhibition budgets. A special characteristic of the position is the ability to long-range plan and move several different exhibitions along through various stages of planning and implementation simultaneously. This individual is expected to work independently based on specific assignments, while keeping Senior Registrar informed of major points on all projects.
- Maintains relevant records and documentation, including but not limited to managing incoming and outgoing loan paperwork, all exhibition-related documentation, all routine loan object processing, including cataloguing, photographing, condition reporting, labeling and storing objects, routine inspections and reports.
- Communicates between registration, preparation, and curatorial staff to keep all parties apprised of exhibition and loan requirements.
- Assists in design and exhibition installation/deinstallation.
- Arranges shipping and insurance for incoming and outgoing loans for in-house and traveling exhibitions.
- Negotiates loan agreements for incoming and outgoing individual object loans and for traveling exhibitions- both rented and Harn-organized.
- Supervises interns and volunteers.
- Assesses material needs and orders supplies for the registration and preparation departments.
- Serves on Harn committees and participates in other administrative projects as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate specialization and two years of relevant experience.
Preferred Qualifications: B.A. in relevant field with 2-5 years of museum or gallery experience; M.A. preferred.
- Knowledge of museum procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of museum databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Data and word processing aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Detail oriented.
- Previous experience working in a museum or gallery setting.
- Previous experience organizing, managing, and executing exhibitions.
Advertised Salary: $37,453.50
Additional Information: To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/501244/registrar-for-exhibitions-and-loans .
- More information about the Harn Museum of Art and its programs can be found at www.harn.ufl.edu .
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks, and verification of education.