Resource and Tour Coordinator (Full Time)
The Florida Holocaust Museum is seeking a full-time Resource and Tour Coordinator. Reporting to the Curator of Education, the Resource and Tour Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet/communicate with Principals, Administrators, Department Heads and appropriate Faculty to build/maintain positive cooperation and promote the resources of The Florida Holocaust Museum
- Book and coordinate all aspects of trunk management and scheduling of pick-ups and deliveries
- Book and coordinate all aspects of student tours
- Supervise and inventory trunk contents prior to and after shipping and monitor physical condition of trunk cases
- Update and regularly use an online platform of The FHM, including trunk and tour reservation module, resource module, and reporting tools
- Help prepare/facilitate presentations with the use of teaching trunks and appropriate materials
- Review and make recommendations regarding teaching trunk materials and resources
- Assist Holocaust Survivors and Second Generation with digital resources for presentations
- Serve as docent when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Experience in working with students and the public
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the objectives, curricula and operations of school systems and other educational institutions
- High level of self-organization and self-discipline
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs or more
Administrative experience is necessary. Background in education preferred. Prior training and work in the field of Holocaust/genocide studies preferred.
Resumes with cover letter should be sent to: email@example.com by October 5, 2018.
No phone calls regarding position. Candidates chosen for an interview will be notified via email.