Job ID 47110
The Retail Graphic Designer creates and designs graphic material for use as store merchandise including but not limited to:
- Shirts, mugs, scarves, and totes
- Promotional retail merchandising and point of purchase materials
- Original designs inspired by collection artwork while being consistent with brand identity.
- Other responsibilities would include photographing merchandise and maintaining relationships with vendors and internal contacts as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Attention to detail, creativity, multitasking, time management, work flow optimization and meeting deadlines are critical to succeeding in this position.
- Knowledge on how to appeal to the targeted demographic.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors to create designs within their specifications.
- Completion or pursuit of a BS/BA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Two to five years professional graphic design work experience.
Anticipated Salary Range
$20 per hour.
Retail Graphic Designer also receives:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
Part-time, 8 hours a week.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job.
About The Ringling
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf