Job Title: Rights and Reproductions Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Collections and Exhibitions
Revised date: 11/2/2018
Position Overview: The Rights and Reproductions Coordinator serves as the rights, permissions, and licensing expert for Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). This position oversees all policies, procedures, and activities involving intellectual property rights for the museum’s collection, exhibitions, publications, programs, social media platforms, website, advertising/promotions, and merchandising. The Rights and Reproduction Coordinator works closely with the following departments: Registration; Curatorial; Communications and Marketing; Development; Education; Legal; and PAMM Shop.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, studio art, Museum Studies, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in intellectual property management preferably within an art museum or image archive
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of digital-imaging standards and formats
- Knowledge of intellectual property law, with a focus on U.S. copyright law
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Attentiveness to detail with special attention to accuracy
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research to determine intellectual property rights status, including copyright and third-party rights, for all works in the permanent collection and loaned works included in PAMM-organized exhibitions
- Initiate and manage licensing agreements with rights holders for works in PAMM’s collection and loaned works included in PAMM-organized exhibitions
- Work with registration staff to coordinate collections photography
- Manage/update collections database records of copyright information
- Develop and update museum intellectual property best practices
- Liaise with other museum departments as needed for clearing image use permissions
- Guide museum staff on copyright basics
- Secure Non-Exclusive License Agreements for new museum acquisitions
- Work with in-house counsel to review rights, reproductions, and intellectual property clauses in all museum contracts
- Provide proper image caption/credit lines for all shared images
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful, and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible, and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies, and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org