Job Title - School & Teacher Program Coordinator
Job ID - 43011
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
- Developing and implementing materials, activities, and tours for students that address Florida State Standards that connect to the collections and exhibitions of The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art including the Art Museum, Circus Museum, Ca'd'Zan (the Ringling's winter home), the grounds and special exhibitions.
- Designing and providing professional development training opportunities for educators both on-site and off-site that link to the collections of the Ringling Museum through appropriate curriculum based materials and informal learning techniques.
- Providing training for school tour museum docents on appropriate school tour content, group management techniques, engagement skills and other proficiencies required to lead school tours. In collaboration with the Museum Education and Training Specialist, conduct regular assessments of school tour docents.
- Networking with local, regional and national scholastic groups and organizations to raise the profile of The Ringling's Scholastic programs and to create opportunities for ongoing collaboration.
- In collaboration with Education and other museum staff, develop interpretation for Ringling collections and special exhibitions in the form of visitor guides, gallery interactives, audio/cell tours, and other materials as required
- A Master’s degree in art education, museum education, or related field. A minimum of two years’ experience in museum education and a minimum of one year’s experience in curriculum development.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the processes, procedures and methods used in museum operations in compliance with applicable governing entities such as the American Association of Museums.
- Valid driver's Florida license or ability to obtain.
- Knowledge of and ability to create curriculum based school tours.
- Knowledge of art and the art education field.
- Experience teaching in a museum environment with an emphasis in K-12.
- Ability to support classroom teachers across all disciplines.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and conduct workshops.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related American Association of Museums policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at (941) 359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$40,000 - $45,000 anticipated salary range + Florida state benefits available.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a 1 hour lunch break. Work hours may vary occasionally based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=43011&PostingSeq=1.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf